Pressure all around to be someone you are not. Internal tug of war with your flesh and spirit. Temptations all around. Battle between righteousness and happiness. Living underneath a disguise when inside of you screams the truth. Take off your mask. Be who you are, everyone else is already taken. Define yourself when you are solitary so when you are accompanied by others, you are true to self and your counterparts.
What a relief to know who you are, what you like, what you have to offer! Living without a mask heals what you are trying to hide. It liberates you from living a double life, which is always threatening. It’s a threat to your truth. It is self sabotaging. Unmask, understand yourself, undo what is inauthentic! Your superpower lies in knowing who you are.
Ways to be true to yourself include:
- Know who you are
- Affirm your truth
- Say no to negative self talk
- In terms of self talk, ask yourself this question, would I be pleased if someone says this to me?
- Compliment yourself
- Do something special for yourself weekly
- Write out your good characteristics
- List your areas for growth and respond with ways to self improve
- Do not allow others to tell you who you are
- Find your voice and use it
- To thine own self, be true